It takes more than Scrum to make Scrum work. And it takes more than Agile to make Agile work. Therefore, we cover areas such as facilitation, leadership, joy of work, positivity and leading change in our flagship course in Agile Project Leadership. Titled “Creating project leaders who create results,” this course provides more advanced learning about Agile leadership, facilitation and collaboration skills.
The course is a mix of lecture, practical hands-on exercises and cases from various Agile projects to illustrate the principles being explored. Agile Project Leaders understand the differences between traditional project management – where the team works for the project leader – and Agile Project Leadership where project leaders work for the team. The result is that the best possible environment is created to increase productivity and deliver the right product. Certification is possible.
The goAgile “Creating project leaders who create results” course provides more advanced learning about Agile leadership, facilitation and collaboration skills. The course is a mix of lecture, practical hands-on exercises and cases from various Agile projects to illustrate the principles being explored.
Agile Project Leaders understand the differences between traditional project management – where the team works for the project leader – and Agile Project Leadership where project leaders work for the team. The result is that the best possible environment is created to increase productivity and deliver the right product.
The course covers “classic” Agile Project Leadership disciplines such as facilitation, planning game, demos and reflection workshops. And we go deeper. We talk about why Agile works – covering areas such as joy of work, people’s various thinking styles, and how to lead an Agile transformation.
The course book is in English and the course is run in Danish. The course is led by Ole Jepsen.
* The certification tied to this course is a one-hour, multiple-choice test “Agile Foundation – Leadership Focus.” The course will also prepare candidates, who have 6 months experience with Agile Project Leadership, for the “Agile Leader Advanced Practitioner” certification. Both certifications are managed by AgileBusiness the UK (www.agilebusiness.org). Price 2.500 DKK, excl. moms
Duration: 2.5 days
Course fee: 16.500 DKK, excl. VAT
Registration information: Email email@example.com or call +45 2712 3887.
Day 1 (13:00 – 20:00): Set up the project
• Techniques for understanding the business and the scope
• Designing the project organisation
• Designing the project process and environment
• Leadership behaviours for handling customers and stakeholders • Basic leadership facilitation techniques
• Networking dinner
• Understanding the pitfalls in Agile projects • Preparing and running a planning session
• Breaking the project up in smaller deliveries • Facilitating the prioritising process
• Handling team dynamics
• Leadership and collaboration
• Delivering at the end of each iteration
• What to do when they need a few more days
• Switching from one iteration to the next
• Looking for—and adapting to feedback
• Optimising the project via Reflection Workshops
Ole is a founder of the Agile Leadership Network (ALN), having started the “Learning and Recognition” Committee—working on defining and implementing a three-level certification programme for great Agile Project Leaders.
He is renowned in Europe as a highly esteemed collaborative facilitator and mentor for organisations looking to lead change. Using his expertise in Agile methodologies, Ole shows how gaining varying perspectives and sharing experiences brings about the best ideas that can be used throughout the organisation.
In addition, Ole is the founder and leader of the Danish Agile User Group, co-organiser of Agile Coach Camp Denmark – and he is active in the international Agile community.
goAgile offers mentoring and training to companies who want to change to Agile and Iterative development processes. Ole has more than 25 years experience in software development, project management, team facilitation and training with many companies worldwide.
Are you and product owner in a Agile organization? Our 3-days Product Owner 360˚ course might catch your interest, too.